Abbott Educational Scholarship
Abbott is offering a scholarship to attend the joined Australian HIV/AIDS & Sexual Health Conference 2019, Australia. This scholarship is open to health care professionals working in the area of HIV and/or sexual health in the Pacific, including PNG.
Application Deadline: Friday 10th August 2019, 17:00 AEST
To be eligible:
- Must be actively working in the HIV and/or sexual health, in a Pacific Island country, including Papua New Guinea
- Must hold a valid passport with sufficient validity to travel.
The ASHM Scholarship Program
The ASHM Scholarship Program is open to clinicians only.
Deadline: 11.59pm, Wednesday 14 August 2019 AEST
For HIV Clinician Applicant:
To be eligible you must:
- Be living and working in Australia
- Not have received scholarship funding from ASHM in the last 2 years
- Be an HIV s100 prescriber (GP/Primary care) / a Sexual Health Physician / a Hospital Based Specialists managing HIV
Levinia Crooks BBV STI Emerging Leader Award
ASHM members are invited to nominate an individual in their early-mid career (0-10 years working in the sector) for The 2019 Levinia Crooks Emerging Leader Award in Blood Borne Viruses and Sexually Transmissible Infections. This eponymous award honours the legacy of the late Adjunct Professor Levinia Crooks AM—a leader in public health and ASHM Chief Executive Officer from 1999-2017. The award seeks to foster emerging leaders to develop leadership that is bold, innovative, inclusive and inspires collaboration in the sector. The Levinia Crooks BBV/STI Emerging Leader awardee will accept their award at the 2019 Australasian HIV & AIDS Conference where they will also deliver a 10-minute, unique presentation. The awardee receives conference registration, funding for travel and accommodation to attend the conference if required and ASHM membership for a year. The nominee does not need to be an ASHM member and may be from any discipline in BBV STI (clinical or non-clinical). Individuals may also self-nominate.
Please read the following documents before you submit a nomination:
The Regional WA Scholarship
We are pleased to announce the Regional WA scholarships to attend the Joint Australasian Sexual Health and Australasian HIV&AIDS Conferences 2019 supported by WA Department of Health are now available to apply.
To be eligible you must:
- Be based in non-metropolitan regions of Western Australia
- Be working or studying in the field of sexual health or HIV/AIDS
- Not be receiving funding from another source to attend the conference (Including your employer )